This privacy statement is effective as of June 16, 2022. Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
We Are Committed To Protect Your Privacy
We, AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED, understand that personal data involves a great deal of trust to be placed by you, and we take this trust most seriously, and make it our top priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personally identifiable information provided by you to us.
We are committed to meet fully internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection, and in compliance of the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("Ordinance"). To this end, we will ensure compliance by all our staff with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
You do not have to be registered with AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED before using our service to access travel-related information, or to research other travel related arrangements. However, to enable you to search for the lowest priced airfares and to book a ticket, you must register with AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED. We collect and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including when you purchase a product from us or use our services or services provided by other travel agencies. Such information may involve personal data as defined under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as amended from time to time (“Data”) and include:
- Personal information including the name, gender, date of birth, phone number, HKID Card number or passport number, email and/or address of yourself and/or your family members.
- Your credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date.
Certain Data (particularly pertaining to your contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Data, we may not be able to provide the services in an efficient manner.
Reasons For Collection And Use Of Data
The Data provided by you will be used by us directly for the following purposes:
- Providing you with travel-related services by AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED including booking flight tickets, hotels, cruises, limousine services, assisting in visa application, purchase of travel insurance and registration of airline loyalty programmes;
- Application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our products or services;
- Processing billing and payment, maintaining a credit history, determining amounts outstanding and if necessary, collection of outstanding payments.
- Considering or fulfilling requests or application of any nature submitted by you, whether online, over the phone or through other electronic means;
- Handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- Verification of your identity;
- Enforcement of any contract entered into between you and AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED;
- Updating and enhancing our records;
- Meeting the requirements of making disclosure to any governmental or regulatory authority in Hong Kong under the requirements of any law applicable to us;
- Enabling us to better understand the demographics of our customers and provide products/services better tailored to your needs; and
- Providing you with news, notices and other communications of our products, services and promotional events (please refer to paragraph – “Use of Data in Direct Marketing” for details).
Information Collected While Browsing Our Websites
It is our policy to safeguard all information provided by you to us. AQ BOOKING.COM LIMITED does not collect any Data from you during your browsing of our websites. When you visit our website we record your visit only as a 'hit' and do not collect any Data from you. Our Internet service provider will however make a record of your visit that shows only the DNS address, part of your e-mail address and of the pages visited. Such disclosure to us will be limited only to aggregate information about the number and types of visitors by reference to their DNS address. We use this information only for preparing general statistics on the usage or traffic of our websites.
Use Of Data In Direct Marketing
We intend to use your Data in direct marketing, and we may not use your Data unless we have received your prior consent (which comprises an indication of no objection). We would like to use your Data in our records including your name, phone number, email and/or address to provide you with travel related information including news alert, useful travel tips, marketing materials and promotional offers pertaining to travel-related products and services such as air tickets, hotels and cruises. If you do not want us to use your Data for direct marketing, please let us know via any one of the free response channels in below paragraph – “Data Access and Correction”. You can also choose not to receive such marketing materials by selecting the unsubscribe option which we provide in each email, SMS or MMS sent to you, or otherwise inform us.
Disclosure Of Data
We do not sell or trade your Data with third parties and we strive to ensure your privacy protection. Your Data may however be transferred within or outside Hong Kong in the following manner:
- Third party service providers engaged by us including airlines, hotels, cruise lines, car rental companies, foreign consulates, local tour operators, courier and insurance companies;
- American Express International, Inc. for charging travel services requested by you to your American Express card account (where applicable);
- Governmental or regulatory authority in Hong Kong; and
- Our assigns or successor in title.
Security And Accuracy Of Data
which it is to be used. Data that is used on an ongoing basis, including information that is disclosed to third parties, will generally be kept accurate and up-to-date. You can update or correct the Data held by us in accordance with below paragraph - “Data Access And Correction“
We shall make our reasonable endeavors to ensure that the privacy of Customers is properly protected. However, given the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that there is ‘perfect security’.
Retention Of Data
We shall retain your Data for so long as you are a registered user of our websites. We shall also retain the Data provided by you if the purpose for which the Data was collected still exists, it is so required by law, statute or regulation, or it is in the public interest. Data will be destroyed once its requirement is ended. Only the authorized staff, who has been properly trained, will be permitted to access the Data, and we shall not release the Data to any external parties except for those purposes listed in the paragraph “Disclosure of Data”.
Third Party Websites
Data Access And Correction
You may review and edit your Data on-line by visiting our websites. You may also ask us to delete you or your Data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at [email protected]
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, some only until you close down your browser (so-called “session cookies”) and some for an extended period of time (so-called “permanent cookies”). If you do not wish to allow storage of cookies on your computer, you can change the settings in your browser. Note however that in a few cases some of our website features may not function properly and some content may not be displayed correctly as a result.
Our website also uses Facebook pixel, which collects anonymized aggregated data that helps us with optimization of ad purchases on Facebooks different platforms (including Instagram). Facebook collects a user id that will allow them to match if a user has visited a site with the Facebook pixel. We as advertisers can however never identify the behavior of a specific user. Facebook and its related platforms are in a closed advertising ecosystem where their users can regulate if they consent to advertisers using data collected from their websites to purchase ads on Facebook. To view and change your advertising settings on Facebook use this link.
In order to keep your personal data secure, we have implemented a number of technical and organizational security measures. For example, we maintain high levels of technical security in all systems (including traceability, disaster recovery, access limitations etc.). In addition, we have adopted policies to ensure that our employees (which of course are subject to confidentiality obligations) do not use personal data when it is not necessary. Such policies also set out our standards for data security when we contract suppliers or introduce new IT systems within our operations.
Control Personal Data You’ve Given To AQBooking.Com
To control your personal data that is given to us, you can:
- Ask for a copy of any personal data we are holding about you
- Ask us to change or correct any personal data we are holding about you
- If needed and possible, ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of data we are holding about you.
- Withdraw your consent on personal data collection and usage.
If you wish to do any of the above, have additional questions or wish to file a complaint regarding data policies, please contact us here or you may also contact our Data Privacy Officer’s email address ([email protected]).